Educational complex, Kyiv
Gymnasium А+ continues the complex of educational institutions at Residential Complex Comfort Town. The school’s building is made in achromatic colours contrasting with the surrounding apartment buildings.
8 330 м2
HumanThe school offers space for both the academic process and leisure of not only the children but also their parents.
BusinessAn autonomous heating and air conditioning system helps save money on the school building’s maintenance.
UrbanThe school building does not place a burden on the city’s grid and receives energy without emitting greenhouse gases or contaminating the environment.
Detailed design documentation
Architecture of public,
and state buildings
Ukrainian Urban Awards 2019
Estate Project Awards
Public property of the year
AMF Acoustic Range by Knauf
- The site has many limitations of both insolation and sanitary type
- The building’s roof is asymmetric and has free slopes, continuing the theme of Comfort Town’s sloped roofs
- The school’s achromatic facades emphasize the contrast with surrounding colour buildings
- The building’s main expressive techniques are its shape and textures of finishing materials (metal, plaster and basalt)
- The building’s hallways do not have dead ends but create a square-ring around rooms and recreational areas
- The teacher’s lounge is designed in the open space format, offering comfortable conditions for internal talks, lectures and skill improvement
Facts and details:
- The gymnasium accommodates 600 students
- The cafeteria caters to not only the schoolchildren but also their parents
- The school has a 200-seat assembly hall plus another lecture auditorium
- Two gyms suitable for various sports
- The school’s area includes a greenhouse and a small garden plot
- 160 wells, 60 meters deep each, for a geothermal heat pump supply both heat and cooling to the school, thus ensuring that the school has an autonomous heating system